Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan SECP Past Papers Graduate Training Program 2023 HAWKS 3rd Batch. NTS SECP Past Papers MCQs Questions with Answers.
SECP Past Paper Law, Business and IT:
SECP VERBAL MCQS
Questions 1-3 are based on the following passage.
Young people must be educated in modern science, its methods and its mental attitudes. Without this education they will find the modern world utterly incomprehensible. But they cannot be good citizens of the world, or of their own national state, unless they are intellectually and imaginatively aware of the values which underlie human beliefs, motives and conduct. In this troubled period of human history, religion and the humanities are as vital as science to the education of good members of a good society.
1. “Incomprehensible” can best be replaced by:
D. beyond your understanding
2. “Troubled period of human history” refers to:
A. primitive times
B. modern times
C. good times
D. bad times
3. The discussion of “values” in the passage serves primarily to illustrate the importance of education of:
A. modern sciences
B. religion or humanities
C. religion and humanities
D. modern sciences along with religion and humanities
Read Also: SECP Complete Test Pattern
Each question below consists of a related pair of words, followed by five lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
4. CARPENTER: SAW::
A. stenographer: typewriter
B. painter: brush
C. lawyer: brief
D. tailor: scissors
5. METAPHOR: LITERAL::
A. biography: accurate
B. melody: spoken
C. poem: rhythmic
D. anthem: patriotic
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
C. direct route
Identify the word or phrase that needs to be changed for the sentence to be correct:
7. The chef herself will be creating the grand finale of the celebration: an extraordinary cake smothered in strawberries and
being topped with freshly whipped cream. No error
C D E
SECP ANALYTICAL SKILLS MCQs
According to Albert Einstein’s famous theory of relativity, time travel is theoretically possible. Assuming that time travel were to be made possible through some technological breakthrough, it would be advantageous to send someone back in time to prevent the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 and thus keep World War I from ever occurring.
8. The argument above makes which of the following assumptions?
A. It is not possible to alter a significant current in world history merely by changing a single event
B. The technology necessary for time travel is likely to be developed in the near future
C. If Franz Ferdinand had not been assassinated, some other catalytic event would have led to the start of World War I
D. The assassination of Franz Ferdinand was the crucial event that triggered the start of World War I
In a telecommunications-cable assembly plant, cables are assembled by twisting plastic-coated wires together. There are wires of exactly six different solid colors red, yellow, violet, green, white, and black. Wires must be assembled into single cables according to the following rules:
Each cable must contain at least three wires and wires of at least three different colors.
At most two wires in a single cable can be black.
At most two wires in a single cable can be white.
There can be at most one wire of each of the other colors in a single cable.
If one wire is red, then one wire must be yellow.
If one wire is violet, then no wire can be green.
9. Which of the following could be the-complete set of wires in an acceptable cable?
A. A green wire, a white wire, and a violet wire
B. A violet wire, a black wire, and a white wire
C. A red wire, a black wire, and a green wire
D. A yellow wire and exactly two black wires
10. The maximum number of wires that can be used in an acceptable cable is
11. If exactly one black wire and exactly one white wire are used in an assembled cable, which of the following must be true?
A. The cable contains no more than five wires
B. The cable contains exactly six wires
C. The cable contains a yellow wire
D. The cable does not contain a red wire
12. If a white wire and a violet wire must be among the wires chosen for a particular cable, any of the following pairs of wires could complete the cable EXCEPT a:
A. black wire and a second white wire
B. yellow wire and a second white wire
C. yellow wire and a black wire
D. red wire and a black wire
13. If an assembled cable consists of exactly five wires, each a different color, it could be true that a color NOT used is
14. If there is an additional requirement that violet must be used if yellow is used, which of the following must be true?
A. No cable contains fewer than six wires
B. No cable contains more than five wires
C. Green is never used if red is used
D. Red is always used if violet is used
SECP GENERAL KNOWLEDGE MCQS
15. 7th December has a significance of the creation of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) in 1944 as a result of the famous:
A. Chicago Convention
B. Geneva Convention
C. Montreal Convention
D. New York Convention
16. PSL 4 was won by:
A. Quetta Gladiators
B. Islamabad United
C. Lahore Qalanders
D. Peshawar zalmi
17. The capital of Bangladesh is:
C. Raj Shahi
SECP LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES MCQs
18. Which of the following statements best describes ‘strategic management’?
A. A process consisting of determining objectives, strategic actions to achieve those objectives, the implementation of desired strategy, and the monitoring of that strategy
B. A process consisting of the determination of direction, strategic actions to achieve objectives, the implementation of desired strategy, and monitoring of that strategy
C. A process for determining direction, strategic actions to achieve objectives, and the implementation of desired strategy
D. None of the above
19. Marketing Management is:
A. Managing markets
B. Fulfilling supply
C. Managing Supply Chain
D. Demand Management
20. In working capital management, one of the fundamental decision issues is the determination of:
A. The appropriate long term financing used to support the long term investments
B. The appropriate long term financing used to support investment in current assets
C. The appropriate short term financing used to support investment in current assets
D. The appropriate mix of short-term and long-term financing is used to support the investment in current assets
21. All organizations share which of the three following characteristics?
A. distinct purpose, profit maximization and goal attainment
B. distinct purpose, deliberate structure and people
C. profit maximization, structure and people
D. distinct purpose, structure and profit maximization
22. A team from the same department and functional area that’s involve in efforts to improve work activities.
A. Problem solving team
B. Programmed decision
D. Organizational culture
SECP Subject related MCQS Law
23. The aim of Nulla Poena Sine Lege i.e. Principle of Legality is meant to:
A. To prohibit ex post facto implementation of criminal laws
B. To inflict any penal sanction without proper legislation
C. To discourage double jeopardy
D. To administer justice according to customary law
24. Under the provisions of PPC 1860, nothing is an offence which is done by a child under the age of:
A. 7 years
B. 10 years
C. 18 years
D. 22 years
25. The theory that contract law protects the promisee, is the outcome of:
A. The will theory of contract
B. The reliance theory of contract
C. The fairness theory of contract
D. The efficiency theory of contract
SECP Subject related Business MCQs
23. A strategic business has three characteristics, which of the following is one of those characteristics?
A. it is a collection of unrelated businesses
B. it has no defined set of competitors
C. it is a simple business or a collection of businesses that can be planned separately
D. it should not have a manager who is responsible for planning and profit performance
24. Some of the ways that a company can seek to increase their profits and sales by searching for new customers include all of the following except:
B. reading the obituaries
C. direct mail
D. phone calls
25. Accounting profit is different from the Economic profit due to
C. opportunity cost
D. expenditure cost difference
E. functional relationship
SECP Subject related MCQs IT
23. Which layer is responsible for converting data packets from the Data Link Layer into electrical signals?
B. data link
24. What is the default port of http?
25. Which of the following statements best describes a view in MS SQL Server 2000?
A. A table stored on physical memory whose contents are derived from a query
B. A definition of what data should be extracted from a table or tables
C. A normal table except that it can be partitioned
D. The way a table is shown is SQL Server
Answer Key for Subject related Section: