PPSC PMS Syllabus for the Subject of Arabic Papers Combined Competitive Examination.
PMS Arabic Syllabus, PMS Syllabus Arabic download pdf.
Total Marks: 100
HISTORY OF ARABIC LITERATURE
A: The Pre-Islamic Arabic Literature and its salient features.
B: Al-Quran and its influence on Arabic Literature.
C: Literary movements, Classical Background, Socio-cultural influences and modern trends in Abbasid period and its literary history.
D: Contribution of The Arabs in the fields of science Philosophy and linguistics with critical study of the works of Immam Ghazali, Ibn-e-Rashique, Ibn-e-Qutaiba, Al-Jahiz, Ibn-e-Jinay and Khalil Bin Ahmed.
E: Literary movements in Undlus period.
F: Origin of modern literary style and its development, including Drama novel, short story and essay, special emphasis on the literature of Al-Mahjer and its out-standing representatives: Fouzi Almaloof, Jabran Khalil Jabran, Mikhail Nuaima and Ilia Abu Medh.
G: A short introduction to Indo-Pak Arabic Literature in the fields of prose and poetry and extension study of the works of Ghulam Ali Azad Bilgrami and Shah Wali Ullah.
PMS Syllabus for Subject of Arabic Papers:
A: To explain the meaning of Rhetoric ad its Literary aspects and differentiate them.
B: 1. Al-Tashbee 2. Al-Istiarah 3. Al haqiqah Wal-majaz 4. Al-Kinayah.
A: Arabic Grammar (Mufrad, Musana, Jamaal Murab Wal Madni, Marifah, Nakrah, Marfooat, Mansoobat, Majroorat).
B: A detailed study of history of Arabic Language and its characteristics.
C: Information about the Arab Scholars in the development of various sciences of Arabic Language.
A: To explain the meaning of criticisms and literature criticism.
B: To give through study of history of criticism in various periods of Pre-Islamic and Islamic history.
1. Maullqat complete
2. (a) Hassan Bin Sabbit: The following two Qasaid from his Daiwan: No. 1 “Ma Balu Aineka” No.2”Lillahi Damu Kaaba”
3. Kaab-Ibn Zuhair and his Qaisaida: “Banat Suaad”.
4. Khansa and her Qaisidatah “Wa Inna Sakhran Lawalina”
5. Al-Mutanabbi, (his first 5 Qasaid) from Diwan al Mutahli Abu-Tmam, (Bab-Alhimasah)
6. Abu-Tmam, (Bab-Alhimasah)
7. Ahmed Shoque and his poetry Al-Hamziah-il-Annbwiah
1. Qus-Bin, Saida Alayadi and his Khutban Tareekh-ul-Adab Arabi. Ahmed Hassan Nayat. Page. 30
2. Khutbah Hijjat ul Widda. Al iqd-ul-Fareed.
3. Al-jahiz, “Khutbah Abi Bakr, Khutbah Ali” (Albiyan wal tabyeen)
4. Mahmood Taimoor his novel Anal-Qatil
5. Dr. Taha Hussain, Alwad al haq (Ammar bin Yasir)
6. Dr. Saleem Tariq Khan, Al-Lugha Al-Arbia (I.U.B). B.A
7. Dr. Khaliq Dad Malik, Al-Insha wal Muhadsa.